'

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Spandan MOM

Thursday, July 17, 2008
My first blog

Although the ‘Times of India’ of 16th July suggested a drought like situation and warned for water/electricity woes in the city, Sameena could feel her soul drenched. How I wish that thirsty land of Maharashtra could feel the raindrops as well. Hang on!! We are not here to discuss the drought situation (not at least on the kick-off day of Spandan!!).
I was of the opinion that I was perhaps the one who had his apprehensions regarding the event. But reading Sameena’s article learnt that I was not alone. And I am sure there would have been others as well with their pocketfuls of apprehensions. So here we are – a group of like-minded people J

I would really like to congratulate all who could make it on the first day of this event. Alok in particular for taking a lead and being present bang on time(leading from front, as they say!!!!! J).
It was really good to see people pour their ideas/feelings during this meeting and later on at ‘Peeli Mirchiyan’. I am hopeful we will continue with the same zeal and fervor.
Hey all Spandanians, it is a commitment to our own selves. Let us make this a successful venture. Hoping for more rains (spiritual as well as actual!!!)

~Yogesh Dewangan

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Ello Chilly - Our first meeting
Hey! I can feel the raindrops on muh soul!!!!!!
9 AM !!! OMG !! I am going to be so late . Wonder why Alok kept the meeting so early? These thoughts did their usual rounds in my mind as I crossed the hustle bustle of the IT crowd at Holkar Bridge. Each step towards the office kept me apprehensive with thoughts of “will- it- happen ““how” and why. All my apprehensions were laid to rest as I walked into the conference hall and a bright good morning greeted me.
Meeting started with a bang. I could see Girish yawning (poor guy is not used to seeing the sun rise so early). Avdhut and Daksha came jogging in and so did Ajay. Host Alok did the job beautifully as he delivered the ideas as fast as he gathered them. At the end we had SPANDAN, right before our eyes. Smiling we embraced it with our heart and soul. Yes, we were on the road to salvation. We decided to meet once a week for a “Speak you heart out “session. This activity was aimed at people talking their heart out, and THEY DID at Yellow Chilies (a spontaneous khana peena program ). Roaring tumbling hungry stomach and the excitement of finally getting the reservation at Koregaon Park ‘s most talked about restaurant was just too much . We sat, filled our bellies with goodies and then started the whole session of venting out. That sure was a good session and off we went HI ! HO !. Everyone shared their experiences and fun happening of their life. SPANDAN was finally declare OPEN. Our first session was successful. It was drizzling as we chatted inside. Did I feel the raindrops on me? Goodness Gracious!! I could feel it in my soul. That’s one soulful beginning …….

~Sameena Arya


Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Speak Your Heart

Today we had the second meeting of Spandan. The agenda of today's meeting was "Speak your heart". It was a nice experience to learn about 6 different things in a span of 90 minutes. Each person came with his/her heart and spoke about it.
We started with Ravi. Ravi said that he wants to instill Redknee culture in the new people joining RKI. Initially when people used to join at lower levels, it was easy to influence them. However with more than 30 people joining the organization in less than 3 months, it is important that we maintain the cultural fabric and set the right expectations in the new folks joining in. We decided to take it up as a part of Spandan's activities and help champion this cause.
Yogesh talked about how difficult is it for him to do public speaking and so this forum was a good place to open up. He talked about the incident that happened in parliament last evening and we talked about the dirty politics going on in India at present. How these men, who hold the highest positions in indian powerhouse behave with each other and the disrespect that they show to their positions. We all agreed that the debate was about everything but the nuke deal. One interesting learning that Sameena brought to our notice was how Manmohan singh waited for the right time to deliver his speech. We should wait for the right moment to speak.
Avdhut then talked about the traffic problems that he sees everyday on the roads and the frustration that grows in him. He wants to help himself and the public by taking whatever initiavies possible at self and this groups level. We plan to take it up and talk to the policemen at marigold square. We plan to gather additional information on how we can help. We also plan to make another blog which will list down all the traffic problems being observed at different places in pune and record them on the blog. We are hopeful that it would get noticed someday.
Sapna talked about the fitness class that she intends to start for the group. She wanted to know the logistics of how to go about starting it. Hopefully we will see something happening very soon in this direction. I desperately need to get in shape soon (although I realize that round is a shape too :) )
I then had an opportunity to speak about what I want to do. In one of the movies "Shall we dance", I heard this dialogue that every human being craves for getting his existence acknowledged. That was one of the reasons to start this group. Now 18 months in Redknee, I do not see a lot of "new" challenges in managing projects and so I want to get more out of my life. This group would be a good place to vent my energies. I also want to generate a lot of jobs at some point of my career since I have experienced first hand what it is to be without a job. I hope I will be able to do it some day.
Girish spoke in the last. But he raised a very interesting topic that got everyone sparked up. He talked about the documentation that we are doing and the ways it needs improvements. He shared with us how other organizations manage and standardize documentation. The conceptual and procedural documentation that organizations generate is where we should look at moving. We discussed about how different groups (R&D) can help if they get to participate in document evolution process. We intend to call someone from that group to help us know more on documentation evolution. It was amazing to hear different people talk on different topics. I could not capture everything that we discussed but it gave a sense of satisfaction to know so much more about things than what I possible learn new each day. I hope we are able to implement some of these suggestions and see results. The end results can be more motivating than anything else in forming and continuing a group.

~Sameena


Thursday, July 17, 2008
My First Blog-Spandan First Day

Spandan has really awakened me and touched my soul .Since morning I could not think of anything else than Spandan.This does not mean that I did not work today:-),but yes my all imagination and thinking was revolving around Spandan.
Morning I and Alok was only the members to arrive first. I was bit disappointed by not seeing anybody for more 10 mins . slowly Girish entered the board room, followed by Yogesh..So Alok initiated the session. Sameena was in by that time ,joining Avdhut ,Ajay and Daksha. We discussed all the ideas that came into our mind. The time passes by and we could not even recognize as to we spend one and half our discussing about the things.
Yellow chilli was another one of the good experience of my life. Knowing group members was the key part ,but other than that I spoke my heart out there. That even I never spoke with Alok. It gave me confidence of speaking as well as thinking .The hahahhehehe time was Fantabulous.
LETS CHEERS FOR SPANDAN. LETS ROCK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web enabled by Yogi Bear For technical assistance, e-mail: yogesh.pathare@yahoo.com
For editorial assistance or comment, e-mail: khandaa@gmail.com